Monday, February 25, 2008

Coming up... Tibet mission trip

few TnT's signed up for Tibet mission trip. See what they say about the trip.

Benny Mun

Why I want to go for Tibet mission trip? During the English Service camp last year, Pastor Mark Geppert made a lot of mention about the work that is going on in Tibet. I was very impressed with how God was moving so wonderfully in that land. It is a known fact that Tibet is a very hard ground to penetrate with the gospel.I believe the work there is something that is worth seeing. It is also my desire to assess the feasibility on how we the TNT can be of help and even be a part of this ongoing work there.

I see this trip as an encouragement to Lawrence Ng (a member of TNT) who has shown tremendous zeal in doing mission work. Our presence there would show him that we are also interested and committed to the same cause.

Boon Fei

Why I want to go Tibet for mission trip?
It’s been a while that I long to go for places such as Tibet and Nepal, where gospel was surpassingly ‘hostile’ to the people yet mission work was able to established there. Recently when I met with Ps. Mark, he shared with us the progress and new work in Tibet, which really interest me.

I felt that many of times we only see how difficult to preach the gospel here but it’s so encouraging to know that gospel has been widely spread in Tibet. Therefore I want to go to Tibet to once again catch the fire and learn how to persevere on to reach out those who have needs.

Grace Yong

Why I want to go Tibet for mission trip.
During last year mission trip I have a strong feelings or prompting (not really sure) that the coming year mission trip go China , so I was looking for mission trip to China .China is a country that I really want to go for mission and also because I know the language, history and culture of the country. I want to make full used of what I capable to do for God. Actually I felt a bit scared but also excited.....

Sara Khoo

Why Tibet? All the "holy rivers" in Asia start in the mountainous region around Tibet.
Like Ganges river,Mekong river etc... There is definitely a spiritual significance and I want to see for myself.
I don't think I will have courage to go on my own, so I want to grab this opportunity to go with other bros n sis in a group. What to achieve? See how God is moving in the land... with my own eyes, not just hearsay. Participate and experience how God is moving and what He wants to do there.

Maggie

Why Tibet?
Initially I have no intention or interest to go for the trip but I still prayed to God about it. Then suddenly a great interest of going there arose within me so I signed up.

What to achieve? Do whatever help we can (a qualified nurse), i.e. preaching gospel, helping those with medical condition.

Juliana

Why Tibet?
* Never come across any Christian-based medical set up before till Pastor Mark's sharing with us so would like to explore and understand better how a Christian organisation runs such projects or any other projects (non-medical) there. I
Desire to learn ways to share God's love with people at places where direct approach is not allowed.

Natalie

I was very excited when I heard that our church is going to have a mission trip to Tibet. Without hesitating, both Jit Mun and I decided at the same time that we are going to Tibet.

Tibet is somewhere totally new to me, I wish to explore the Tibetan culture, custom and the historical sites. I would like to see how the people on that part of the world lead their life, and to find out the needs of the people over there, both materially and spiritually. I would also be interested to find out why the Tibetan monks are

so committed to their own belief, what is the “force” behind the belief.

JitMun

Tibet is located on the world highest region, a place that well known for its rich culture and strong spiritual influences for rest of the world. My interests of visiting the place build up overtime through hearing missionaries carry out work in the region as well on some personal encounters of Tibetan friend travel aboard.

One objective in this short term visit is to personally involve and experiencing the life of local missionaries/contact person. At the same time taking time see the need of the people living in that particular place or perhaps I would learn a thing or two from them in the process.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about you?
How about quickly plan out your schedule and block a date and sign up for a mission trip?

church is organizing one to go to Philippines, just look into recent bulletin.

if it's too rush, there's another trip to Philippines some time in end September.

Then there's another one at the end the year where TnT is going to Thailand.


A missionary ever said (paraphrased): God only Son was a missionary, we all are missionary unless God said you are not. the people needs to know who is God...

2 comments:

l. said...

Saw this sign that convicted me, it was hanging above a kitchen sink in a small town in Ipoh:
" Everyone is either a missionary or a misson field"

::sklc:: said...

Wowz... powerful statement!